From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Listing of slides from past ApacheCons?
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 12:04:39 GMT
On Sep 21, 2015 16:43, "Nick Burch" <nick@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Sep 2015, Shane Curcuru wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to do research on presentations at past ApacheCons, but the
>> http://archive.apachecon.com/ site isn't being very helpful.  Any tips /
>> anyone want to volunteer to make it easier to navigate?
>

> I think that someone (Rich?) did a cleanup of it fairly recently, to
avoid confusion over current events. Maybe we could restore some of those
old listings to another past-events page somewhere in the site, then
restore the links to the archived sites where available?

I don't think I moved or removed anything, just attempted to better index
what we have. Unfortunately, what we have is very incomplete.

>> In particular, the only past events link goes back to the wiki, and many
>> of the links from the wiki to past event details are borked (in
>> particular, the past year or so of LF event pages are not found on their
>> site anymore, which is disappointing).
>

> We should have archives of the HoldenWeb sites, and most of the past
ones. The old ones are on the archive site, under subdirectories that
mirror their original namings, the others are on per-event archive sites as
their URL namespaces needed the whole lot. See
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/apachecon/ to browse what we have

Yeah, directly looking in svn is going to be easier than the web
interface.  Lots of broken links to out-of-business event organizers.

> I've no idea what, if anything, was agreed about archiving / hosting of
past LF run sites. Rich or Ross might know?

They are required to archive all content. However, it would be good to snag
copies in svn.

Unfortunately, non-static sites are very difficult to archive, which is why
so many years of event archives are missing.

>> It would even be helpful if the archive.ac.c site had a simple directory
listing, so you could easily see which /na2013/presentations, etc.
directories existed (and which didn't).

We could do that.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/apachecon/archive.apachecon.com/na2013/presentations/
> (but you have to know it's a svn pubsub site, I agree that a nicer
on-site listing would be better!)