From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Any interest in an offline-capable Conference App?
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 15:58:02 GMT
Hi Rich,

Well for the JavaLand the hoster is also doing the heavy stuff with one monolithic HP solution
(I think ... at least it's one of those dinosaur companies with max 3 letters ;-) ). They
provide a rest-url form which we are able to get all conference data in json format. The server
simply reformats that. At least the server is slightly more complex than a "Hallo World" program
;-)

Perhaps LF provides something similar ... Could whip up an alternate server in no time ;-)

@Maxim: Well for the Flex client I can say the license is "Ask Chris" ... but I think I could
simply make it Apache 2.0 and add that to the Apache Flex utils repo. This way we could make
it even more awesome in the flex community ... after all, I'm a techie ... not a designer
;-)

Chris

Von: Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. Juli 2015 17:48
An: apachecon-discuss@apache.org
Betreff: Re: Any interest in an offline-capable Conference App?

On 07/08/2015 11:42 AM, Christofer Dutz wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am currently working together with some guys from the Java User Groups in Germany ...
it's sort of a tech-competition in creating a mobile application that users can use as a schedule
and conference planner during the JavaLand conference, here in Germany next Year.

> Biggest requirement is: It has to work completely offline, as wifi usually breaks down
on conferences (ok ... except ApacheCon EU 2014 ;-) ). After installing and fetching the initial
Data, no communication should be required.

> Even if this competition is probably mainly focussed on playing with the different technologies
and frameworks, still there are useable applications coming out of this. Currently theres
a Flex-Based client (That's my baby) and one or two JavaScript ones in the race. The Flex
one is currently actually the only real app you could put in the Itunes or Android stores
... the others are more Websites that look nice on Mobile and that will probably have some
offline-capabilities in the near future ;-)

> Would there be any interest in an adaption of the Flex app for ApacheCon? After all ...
it's built with Apache-Tech ;-)

Sounds awesome to me. However, LF's scheduling stuff is pretty deeply
integrated with Sched, so I doubt that they'd be willing/able to move. I
wonder if there's an export/import option here.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon