From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Any interest in an offline-capable Conference App?
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 15:42:32 GMT
Hi,

I am currently working together with some guys from the Java User Groups in Germany ... it's
sort of a tech-competition in creating a mobile application that users can use as a schedule
and conference planner during the JavaLand conference, here in Germany next Year.

Biggest requirement is: It has to work completely offline, as wifi usually breaks down on
conferences (ok ... except ApacheCon EU 2014 ;-) ). After installing and fetching the initial
Data, no communication should be required.

Even if this competition is probably mainly focussed on playing with the different technologies
and frameworks, still there are useable applications coming out of this. Currently theres
a Flex-Based client (That's my baby) and one or two JavaScript ones in the race. The Flex
one is currently actually the only real app you could put in the Itunes or Android stores
... the others are more Websites that look nice on Mobile and that will probably have some
offline-capabilities in the near future ;-)

Would there be any interest in an adaption of the Flex app for ApacheCon? After all ... it's
built with Apache-Tech ;-)

Chris