From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apachecon EU 2015, track 'How visions of the ASF contributors and ASF Products can help building Open Source Communities
Date Sun, 05 Jul 2015 22:48:23 GMT
On 6 July 2015 at 00:38, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you, Ross.
>
> When you're only inward looking, meaning how the visions of ASF
> contributors and the products of ASF projects can help other ASF projects
> in building their communities, then you are probably right. The ASF has it
> structures and policies and such in place.
>
> But there is a multitude of other open source communities out there. And
> those can benefit from both the visions of ASF contributors and ASF
> projects. This track - as already outlined earlier in another thread - can
> provide some coherence in that respect at the ApacheCon event. In the end
> it is all about attracting attendees, right?

No it is also about sending the right signals. When we give a track a name
we also
set an expectation, and anything related to community will be seen as
"apache
communities".

Therefore I agree with Ross, which does not mean that these talks will be
rejected, they
might fit in other tracks.

Please also note, "the apache way" is part of the community track, that is
tradition.

rgds
jan I.