From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache BD EU
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 11:33:49 GMT
On 1 July 2015 at 13:23, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jan,
>
> Could you please elaborate on your statements? Do you disagree that a
> Trafodion talk fits with Apache BD? And that you rather have it in
> ApacheCon, as you expect that so many other talks in that stream will get
> rejected so that the Trafodion talk will get accepted? I am getting
> confused here...

I worded it carefully, because this is not my decision, that is a decision
the project must make. I was merely stating the differences.

We (being the reviewers) should be very careful not to have real opinions
where a talk belongs. We review the talk where it is submitted. That said
for CORE
I know of a handful of talks where I will ask (not tell) the author if they
prefer to submit it to big data.

At the moment I have no idea where we will land with the scheduling, I dont
even have all the tracks in my head. I have learned that if I try  to do
reviewing and
scheduling it tends to become unfair like:
when reviewing talk foo....hmmmm we already have too many talks from that
projects, so better reject it.

instead I review, only thinking of the single talk. And then once we all
have reviewed, then I start building the schedule.

hope that clears your confusion.
rgds
jan I.