From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Suggested review timeline for apacheCON CORE.
Date Sun, 05 Jul 2015 22:22:07 GMT
On 5 July 2015 at 23:47, Nick Dimiduk <ndimiduk@apache.org> wrote:

> Jan --
>
> I plan to look at the proposals today. Are there any guidelines for what
> constitutes a track? For instance, I assume there are time fixed slots
> within which all tracks are coordinated. How many slots are there? Is it
> acceptable to double-up in a single slot two talks that look too short for
> a full session? Any other guidelines? Maybe there's a wiki page with this
> information that I haven't seen.
>
> Help/guidance is appreciated as I've only ever attended a single ApacheCON
> and I've never been a track committee.

The simple guideline is you choose the talks you have asked people to
propose, or talks you want in your track.

You simply order these presentations and give me the order (6 for a full
tack, 3 for a half track).

A presentation is 45-50 minutes, no doubling up is allowed. If a
presentation is too short for 45 minutes, it is rejected.

Looking at the proposals today, as in reviewing them is getting a bit late,
the deadline was sunday.

hope that helps, otherwise ask more.

rgds
jan i.