From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apachecon EU 2015, track 'How visions of the ASF contributors and ASF Products can help building Open Source Communities
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 06:34:15 GMT
On Monday, July 6, 2015, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am of course less of the marketing or advertising guru than you are when
> it comes to thinking up a track description that will drive sales of
> ApacheCon tickets through the roof, but yes; it can use a combover to add a
> bit more of the appropriate buzzwords to give it that extra pizazz and
> umpfh that will make such happen. Luckily there is still quite some time
> available before the event starts to come up with that.

Track names are not that important, because they are not really part of the
marketing

That said track names works best if they are a single word or two,
otherwise they
do not really fit on the monitors.

I think many of the talks Pierre have found are both relevant and
interesting, but
sitting with the schedule I can see how big the conflict with the community
track is.
My preference right now is to have 2 community tracks one each day.

We can still use the text about the track, in our internal marketing, but
please do
not forget this is a LF event, and marketing is their responsibility not
ours (even
though we of course help).

Actually there are not quite some time. I have to get the schedule finished
in a day or two,
for several reasons:
- so presentors having talks that belong to big data have a change to
submit for big data
- so presentors accepted have a chance to apply for travel assistance if
needed
- so LF (and sally) can start marketing based on the actual program

I do think some of Pierre´s ideas is really worth thinking more about, and
maybe
split the community track in vancouver in "the traditional" and a possible
"future".

rgds
jan i

> Best regards,.

> Pierre Smits
>
> *ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
> Services & Solutions for Cloud-
> Based Manufacturing, Professional
> Services and Retail & Trade
> http://www.orrtiz.com
>
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 5:36 AM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) <
> Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com <javascript:;>> wrote:
>
> > This is a great goal. The track description doesn't concert this goal, so
> > if suggest it is the description that is problematic rather than the
> really
> > selection.
> >
> > Sent from my Windows Phone
> > ________________________________