From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apachecon EU 2015, track 'How visions of the ASF contributors and ASF Products can help building Open Source Communities
Date Sun, 05 Jul 2015 23:15:06 GMT
I am just trying to think outside of the paths traveled before. And come up
with new angles, that could increase attendance and thus potentially
increase adoption of Apache products. Which can lead to more contributors
and even better products.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 2:05 AM, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:

> On 6 July 2015 at 00:56, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Of course you are entitled to your opinions (and I respect them)  and
> > advice the producer accordingly.
> >

> We are all entitled to our opinions, but making each other understand why
> something does not work is even better. When you suggested the track, I
> made you aware that it would be close to the community track, and at least
> some will see it as an extension of the community track, therefore we need
> to be more careful with the content than with e.g. the ofbiz track.
>
> I am not trying to diminish your work, but simply make sure all tracks work
> together.
>
> keep up the good work.
> rgds
> jan i.
>

> > Best regards,
> >
> > Pierre Smits
> >
> > *ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
> > Services & Solutions for Cloud-
> > Based Manufacturing, Professional
> > Services and Retail & Trade
> > http://www.orrtiz.com

> > projects
> has
> > > it

> > And
> -
> > > can
> > end
> > > >
> > > No it is also about sending the right signals. When we give a track a
> > name
> > > we also
> > > set an expectation, and anything related to community will be seen as
> > > "apache
> > > communities".
> > >
> > > Therefore I agree with Ross, which does not mean that these talks will
> be
> > > rejected, they
> > > might fit in other tracks.
> > >
> > > Please also note, "the apache way" is part of the community track, that
> > is
> > > tradition.
> > >
> > > rgds
> > > jan I.