From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Any interest in an offline-capable Conference App?
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 21:33:33 GMT
Hi,

> Even if this competition is probably mainly focussed on playing with the different technologies
and frameworks, still there are useable applications coming out of this. Currently theres
a Flex-Based client (That's my baby) and one or two JavaScript ones in the race.

If you’re interested I wrote an application (a few years ago) that does exactly that I made
for several previous conferences, feel free to assume it’s Apache licensed.  [1]  It written
in Flex and works on Android/iOS both online and offline. If online it can also check for
changes to the schedule. It also handles multiple speakers for a session + a few other things.

At one conference Apple rejected the app, saying that it wasn’t doing anything more than
a web site could. I pointed out that international attendee may not have data on their phone
and wifi at conference couple be problematic and it was accepted.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/justinmclean/cfObjective-ANZ--Mobile-Schedule