From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Talks review
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 06:12:36 GMT
On 30 June 2015 at 01:38, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 8:07 AM, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
> > I will look at both CFPs to check for duplicates as well as wrongly
> placed
> > presentations.
>
> By now -- I've seen quite a few identical talks submitted to both. It
> doesn't
> bother me for bucketing purposes, but it can become a problem for talk
> placement between different reviewers.

It should not be for 2 reasons.
- E.g. You are reviewing both events.
- we schedule CORE before big data closes, so it the talk is not used in
CORE it participates in "big data".
   (talks that we have used in CORE, should be marked with a "strong
reject" and reason in big data, I will control that)

rgds
jan i.