From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon EU 2015 and track registration
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 09:27:03 GMT
On 12 June 2015 at 11:12, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All, Jan,
>
> Hello ASFVisionApacheConCoreDiscussion, here are the politely constructed
> reactions of this contributor...
>
> (removing cc parties as it moves into the general discussion area).
>
> First of all:
> I am convinced that the future is bright and a full set of talks can be
> found to make the track I proposed a success.

OK, I just want to make sure that you dont make the track so broad that
it influences other tracks. I guess I would just like to see a bit more
which
talks you are thinking of.

In general the track idea was for projects, but a helping hand with the
other
tracks is indeed a good thing.

> For sure there are opportunities to combine and/or reorganise tracks. A
> producer should always reserve that right if it helps selling more tickets.
> At the moment I am inclined not to be against such an action.

As you say the producer has this right and as I have been writing several
times building a track is not a guarantee (but nearly).

Please remember in the end it is the presentations and not the tracks that
are important. The tracks is a convinient way to group talks, but not
something
that as such has its own life.

When we schedule, we will look heavely at the suggested tracks, but
talks might flow between tracks to get the puzzle finished.

> But before providing further thoughts on the matter: could you elaborate
> what the talks are that are already registered in your track?

First of all it is not my track, it is our event....I am just the one
appointed to help
coordinate this event.

Look at at the preceding AC and you will see a set of commnity talks, that
we of
course hope to repeat in Budapest.

examples are:
- state of the feather (keynote in budapest)
- the apache way
- how to make money with apache.
Last  time there was also talks about building communities.

And dont forget we also have a incubator track, that touches the same theme.

Please do not misunderstand me, anybody lending a helping hand is welcome,
I am just trying to make sure the big puzzle works, and in any case the
presentations
you come up with will be reviewed like other presentations.

on behalf of the apachecon team
jan i.