From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with "apache: Big data" and "apacheCon: Core"
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 15:39:53 GMT
On 1 June 2015 at 17:19, Gary Dusbabek <gdusbabek@gmail.com> wrote:

> dropping private@cassandra
>
> Jan,
>
> Will ApacheCon NA 2016 be splitting up similarly?

Currently that is the plan. The general aim is to have more theme focused
events based on apache projects, and
keep apacheCon Core "generic".

> BTW, I think this is a good move in general as it will allow some
> corporate entities who focus on big data to feel more comfortable
> participating in ApacheCon.

I think that is the hope we all have. We need to get the number of
participants to grow, higher number of participants/sponsors means more
room for doing "fun" things.

rgds
jan I.