From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon EU 2015 and track registration
Date Sun, 14 Jun 2015 08:58:30 GMT
Jan, All,

Of course I am willing to help out building the best event ever....

Grouping (tagging?) talks into tracks gives focus to themes, makes it
easier to convince people to attend the event. And a good event has
something like the tube map of London (see
https://www.tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/standard-tube-map.pdf),
several ways will get you from Paddingtons to Liverpool Street. Single
project tracks are like those main lines, and the talks are like the
stations.

 The track I proposed is an easy one: it is about how the visions of the
ASF can help communities to grow, about which products in the portfolio can
support the operations of such commonities. It isn't about (organisational)
introspection or justification. I am sure there are many more project
building solutions that can help OS communities. Those are the talks I
believe would fit (e.g. subversion, roller - on top of the talks already
mentioned).

If you want me to help out building the other, just ask....

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-