From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Our projects, HTTP/2 and ApacheCon
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 15:10:20 GMT

> On Jun 1, 2015, at 8:59 AM, jean-frederic clere <jfclere@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 06/01/2015 04:31 PM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I made a proposal to have an HTTP/2 oriented full day track for the
>> upcoming ApacheCon EU Core (Budapest). What we’re thinking is
>> something in the line of:
>>
>> * 3-4 talks from various Apache projects that actively work on H2 and
>> H2 implementations * 2 invited talks on the subject of H2 in general
>> (I’m thinking people from Mozilla, Microsoft, Google etc.) * Other?
>>

>> So, I’d like to solicit interest here from these three PMCs: Traffic
>> Server, HTTPD and Tomcat. Is there any interest in participating in
>> this track? Would you be able / willing to send someone to present at
>> ApacheCon EU on the topic of H2? If you have contacts within any of
>> business / corporations that work on H2, that would be really helpful
>> as well.
>
> I am not sure I can do that for HTTP/2 but it would be nice to have and the same for
SSL/TLS.=

I think there’s sufficient overlap with H2 and TLS, so combining the two, with a bias towards
H2 is fine with me. Or we can make a standalone TLS track, I’m ok either way.

TLS is moving pretty rapidly actually, and what is seriously missing is how the hell to actually
use it. It’s near impossible to configure TLS correctly.

— Leif