From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon EU 2015 and track registration
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2015 15:37:33 GMT

On 06/29/2015 11:28 AM, Pierre Smits wrote:
> Maybe it has to do with how the event is marketed each time? We (and the
> LF) should have some statistics (graphs? Trend lines?) on past
> registrations. Or don't we measure such? For sure, when a kind of
> 'pressure' is marketed, the interested parties seem to register their talk.
> But it might also be that potentials are looking at each other in order to
> get a grasp of who does what.

Every event, on any topic, of any size, that I have ever been affiliated
with, has had this same situation. No matter what you do, half the
papers will be submitted in the last week of the CFP. Nobody likes it,
but it's reality.

And this time, I was part of the problem. Sorry 'bout that.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon