From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Help with "apache: Big data" and "apacheCon: Core"
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 18:58:44 GMT
Dear PMC.

We have just announced the call for Papers for "apache Big data" and
"apacheCon: Core".

If your project would like a track (1 day == 6 presentations) or a half
track
(3 presentations), please contact me. Building a track (or half track) is a
good
way of securing (without guarantee) that your project is represented in the
events. PMCs that suggest tracks (half tracks) for "apacheCon: Core" will
decide the content, with only an outside oversight.

We hope you will take the oppertunity and build an awesome track
representing
your projects. We are of course also open if a group of projects builds a
track
together.

We hope to be able to make some cross project presentations/panels. An
example is "the future of web and web applications", many people ask if
e.g. httpd and tomcat will play a major role in the future of internet. We
hope
some (especially the more mature projects) will grab the idea, and come
with suggestions.

Especially "apacheCon: Core" is open for innovation.

Looking forward to help build super events with YOUR assistance.

on  behalf of the apacheCon team and LF
jan I.