From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with "apache: Big data" and "apacheCon: Core"
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 17:07:23 GMT

> On May 28, 2015, at 11:58 AM, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Dear PMC.
>
> We have just announced the call for Papers for "apache Big data" and
> "apacheCon: Core”.

I would like to propose a track for “Core”, titled simply “HTTP/2”. I would suggest
that we have talks from Apache projects (cross functional) that are implementing / using H2,
or are considering implementing H2. E.g.

	Apache HTTPD
	Apache Traffic Server
	Apache Tomcat (I think?)
	<I’m sure there must be others? > :-)

I think one talk from each such Apache project would be appropriate. In addition, I’d strongly
recommend that we get at least one or two invited subject experts to come talk on HTTP/2.
Some names coming to mind include

	Mark Nottingham (Akamai)
	Roberto Peon (Google)
	Daniel Stenberg (Haxx / curl & Mozilla)
	Patrick McManus (Mozilla)
	Rob Trace (Microsoft)

If we want to be adventurous, we could even invite someone who’s skeptical on the H2 protocol
(e.g. Poul-Henning Kamp).

— Leif