From Ignasi Barrera <n...@apache.org>
Subject Planning future ACEU locations
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2015 20:40:57 GMT
Hi!

I've been contacted a couple times by the Barcelona Convention Bureau [1]
regarding the organisation of the ApacheCon EU. There is a lot of interest
in hosting the event in a near future (say 2016 / 2017) in Barcelona, and
they would like to know which is the best way to make that happen.

After having read the recent threads about the LF being the responsible of
producing the event and the new model being adopted in ACEU15, I'm not
pretty sure which should be the right starting point. Should I put them in
contact directly with the folks at the LF? Should I put them in contact
with someone in particular here at the ASF?

I'll be meeting in person this week and will be more than happy to help
everyone in whatever I can to bring ACEU to Barcelona, if it is a well
received idea.

Thanks,

Ignasi

[1] http://www.barcelonaconventionbureau.com/en/