From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Marketing of Apachecon ACEU15 within the ASF
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 14:54:58 GMT
On 20 April 2015 at 16:44, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Up to now, we have relied on a few contributors to communicate the messages
> regarding ApacheCon and on the trickle-down approach via the private ML of
> our projects. Shouldn't we be reaching out directly (and systematically) to
> all our contributors by mailing directly to the user and dev MLs of our
> project? We thereby reach a greater audience with thus potentially
> achieving a bigger success.

We have actually also used committers@ which reached all committers in
apache.

> What do you think?

I am a bit reluctant to go directly from the apacheCON Team to dev@ and
user@ of our
projects, doing so will probably not be seen as a positive act by the PMCs.

We write to private@ on each project, in the hope that at least one PMC
member will
resend the mail on the list where that project has traffic.

That being said, I do agree that we need to explore ways of getting the
word out.

rgds
jan I.