From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject RE: Site is down or removed
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 11:00:42 GMT
On Mon, 18 Nov 2013, Gavin McDonald wrote:
>> DNS is still broken though, still failing in the same way as described
>> in INFRA-6973
>
> Yeah I haven't looked at that , I notice no configuration is our httpd
> configs either.

I'd suggest we fix the DNS issue first, then worry about the hosting
second. We have a zone file defined for it, but it isn't being used

> What would you like it to point to , the same as na13.apachecon.com or
> somewhere else?

The question is more where Rich would like it pointing to, it's his baby
now ;-)

My hunch is that Rich will want to request a new svnpubsub site, along the
lines of the na11 one, serving the static copy of the site. Probably to be
called eu12.apachecon.com + 12.apachecon.eu long term, with
www.apachecon.eu going to the holding page explaining about "ApacheCon
news coming soon!" However, not much point asking for that yet, when DNS
is stuffed, as you won't be able to test it!

Nick