From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: Site is down or removed
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 21:07:15 GMT

On 12 Nov 2013, at 20:56, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 11/12/2013 03:49 PM, Tony Stevenson wrote:
>> I hazard a guess that apachecon.eu has since expired, it seems to be in the locked
state awaiting expiry. Do we really want to renew this if it has indeed expired? Or rather
re-register it?
> I really don't have an opinion on this. I seem to remember that someone outside of the
foundation registered it, and then signed it over to us (S&S possibly?), but I could be
making that up.

So unless anyone gets their collective panties in a twist I will drop the apachecon.eu domain
from the radar.

>> Can we possibly agree on one standard?  Is the site code sufficiently generic that
we can make the site na11.apacheonc.com, work at www.apachecon.com/2011/na  or something?
 So we support only one convention.

> Yes please. I'd prefer /year/VENUE personally, although http://apachecon.com/2006/Asia/
is the one weird one that we could probably leave as is.

So I guess that makes my question more pertinent.  Is the site sufficiently coded so that
this will just work if I sort httpd config? Can comdev look at this and let me know, I will
not progress anything until someone either instructs me to just get on with it, or confirms
the code is ok.

> Looks like we did in fact use that convention for the longest time. Looks like it's NA
rather than na, although we called it US rather than NA up through 2010

I am happy to use whatever convention I am told to use, but I’d like to have us support
only one. We could use rewrite to capture the other known conventions to the supported one.

> --Rich
>

>> On 12 Nov 2013, at 20:42, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Mostly I was just commenting that `whois apachecon.eu` doesn't actually have
any info in it, and that `dig apachecon.eu` doesn't return a record.

>>> I expect that what we want is to have apachecon.eu redirect to http://apachecon.com/c/
and have the 2012 archive put there. Looks like we've got a variety of different naming conventions
for the various past events listed there, including na11.apachecon.com and apachecon.com/YEAR/VENUE
and apachecon.com/euYEAR  :(

Melissa Warnkin <missywarnkin@yahoo.com>

that part of the concom responsibility

Cheers,