From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Site is down or removed
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 23:38:37 GMT
Tony Stevenson wrote:
> I hazard a guess that apachecon.eu has since expired, it seems to be
> in the locked state awaiting expiry. Do we really want to renew this
> if it has indeed expired? Or rather re-register it? Can we possibly
> agree on one standard?

Not that I really like mixing public lists, private lists, personal
communication and a JIRA issue sitting untouched at
https://issues.apache.org/jira//browse/INFRA-6973 ...
but the .eu registry at http://www.eurid.eu/ says it is registered in
the name of Mark (even though it may be in quarantine; often on eurid.eu
I see that domains are considered registered until the last day of the
month in which they expire).

Anyway, agreeing on one standard is good. But letting domains expire as
a policy is very bad, since we have plenty of links to apachecon.eu
from, for example, blog posts. And this would result in our official
blog linking to a spam/whatever site if the domain is let expire. So I
would prefer that the domain is renewed or redeemed, set to auto-renew
and then redirected to whatever convention we agree upon.

Regards,
   Andrea.