From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Site is down or removed
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 20:56:53 GMT

On 11/12/2013 03:49 PM, Tony Stevenson wrote:
> I hazard a guess that apachecon.eu has since expired, it seems to be in the locked state
awaiting expiry. Do we really want to renew this if it has indeed expired? Or rather re-register
it?
I really don't have an opinion on this. I seem to remember that someone
outside of the foundation registered it, and then signed it over to us
(S&S possibly?), but I could be making that up.

> Can we possibly agree on one standard?  Is the site code sufficiently generic that we
can make the site na11.apacheonc.com, work at www.apachecon.com/2011/na  or something?  So
we support only one convention.

Yes please. I'd prefer /year/VENUE personally, although
http://apachecon.com/2006/Asia/ is the one weird one that we could
probably leave as is.

Looks like we did in fact use that convention for the longest time.
Looks like it's NA rather than na, although we called it US rather than
NA up through 2010

--Rich

> On 12 Nov 2013, at 20:42, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>
>> Mostly I was just commenting that `whois apachecon.eu` doesn't actually have any
info in it, and that `dig apachecon.eu` doesn't return a record.

>> I expect that what we want is to have apachecon.eu redirect to http://apachecon.com/c/
and have the 2012 archive put there. Looks like we've got a variety of different naming conventions
for the various past events listed there, including na11.apachecon.com and apachecon.com/YEAR/VENUE
and apachecon.com/euYEAR  :(

Melissa Warnkin <missywarnkin@yahoo.com>

part of the concom responsibility

--