From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ACEU in 2013?
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 09:31:08 GMT
On Tue, 16 Apr 2013, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> last year EU was a great experience for me and I would love to see
> another ACEU. Today another apache fellow asked me if another one is
> going to happen, so I wanted to drop a note here. Any ideas/plannings on
> doing another con this year?

We do want to do more in Europe! However, any future events will need to
be producer led (much as ApacheCon NA 2013 in Portland was) - we can't
manage another largely volunteer driven one like Sinsheim was. We'll
hopefully be launching a Request for Producer call fairly soon, to find a
suitable producer to run the event. However, my hunch is that given the
timescales they likely won't be able to organise a late-2013 event, and
there won't be one until 2014, but there's always a chance they'll be able
to make it happen!

Nick