From Shenfeng Liu <liush...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Presentation templates for ApacheCon NA 2013
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 03:05:24 GMT
I talked to Xin Li, who was the template designer of 2012 ApacheCon EU. She
kindly agreed to think about the template. But the problem is that next
week is Chinese Spring Festival Holidays, and Xin may not able to work on
it till Feb 16. Considering that we don't have much time left, I'd like to
call for more UX volunteers to work together on the template design.
If any one have interest in the template design, you can refer to the Apach
OpenOffice template site here <http://templates.openoffice.org> . And you
can find the template used for 2012 ApacheCon EU
here<http://templates.openoffice.org/en/node/8865>.
I think the key is the background theme, which, IMHO, should have:
(1) Apache logo + conference name;
(2) some character of the host (e.g. for 2012 ApacheCon EU, we designed the
ribbons of black+red+yellow to indicate that it was hosted in Germany).

Just my 0.02$. And I also copied to openoffice dev list, hoping to have
more volunteers.

- Shenfeng (Simon)