From Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerai...@gmail.com>
Subject Inquiring on doing a fast feather track talk in a BOF/ Lightening talk
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 15:48:25 GMT
Hi all,

I am a participant to ApacheCon NA 2013. I have implemented a generic,
standard way to transform json messages underneath of xml info set and vice
versa using XMLStreamReader and XMLStreamWriter standard java interfaces as
my GSoC 2012 project with the Apache Axis2 engine[0]. This mechanism is
new, which doesn't convert json to xml but it provides correct xml info set
reading the json input stream underneath. Right now several of Apache
projects like Apache camel , Apache wink[1] etc. use either jettison or
their application specific structures to convert json to xml and vice
versa.  The main advantage is this only requires native Schema of the
expected XML and this resolves major problems in this bidirectional
transformation.

I have tested this against Axis2 ADB databinding which is a one of fastest
databinding framework[2] [3] and has good numbers too.

I thought it would be better to introduce and share this with the Apache
community. So I am willing to do a Fast Feature talk on this at a evening
BoF/ lightening talk etc. If it is required i can provide some presentation
slides too. Would like to know that whether this can be done? Apologies if
i am in the wrong mail list!

P.S I searched for a wiki page but couldn't find seems
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BoFs page is not yet created. If any
please let me know.

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-5270
[1] http://markmail.org/message/poyawnbqkp6qiu3p