From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: Inquiring on doing a fast feather track talk in a BOF/ Lightening talk
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 19:35:26 GMT
Shameera:

I think you are in exactly the right place. There are almost two hours of Fast Feather sessions,
Nick Burch is currently nursing them but I know he is looking for someone to help.

Lightning talk sign-up will be at the conference.

regards
 Steve

On Feb 20, 2013, at 7:48 AM, Shameera Rathnayaka wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am a participant to ApacheCon NA 2013. I have implemented a generic,
> standard way to transform json messages underneath of xml info set and vice
> versa using XMLStreamReader and XMLStreamWriter standard java interfaces as
> my GSoC 2012 project with the Apache Axis2 engine[0]. This mechanism is
> new, which doesn't convert json to xml but it provides correct xml info set
> reading the json input stream underneath. Right now several of Apache
> projects like Apache camel , Apache wink[1] etc. use either jettison or
> their application specific structures to convert json to xml and vice
> versa.  The main advantage is this only requires native Schema of the
> expected XML and this resolves major problems in this bidirectional
> transformation.
>
> I have tested this against Axis2 ADB databinding which is a one of fastest
> databinding framework[2] [3] and has good numbers too.
>
> I thought it would be better to introduce and share this with the Apache
> community. So I am willing to do a Fast Feature talk on this at a evening
> BoF/ lightening talk etc. If it is required i can provide some presentation
> slides too. Would like to know that whether this can be done? Apologies if
> i am in the wrong mail list!
>
> P.S I searched for a wiki page but couldn't find seems
> http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BoFs page is not yet created. If any
> please let me know.
>
> [0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-5270
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/poyawnbqkp6qiu3p
> [2] http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-java3/
> [3] http://markmail.org/message/omji77lyrfcihi5q
>
> Thanks
> Shameera.
>

> Shameera Rathnayaka
> Undergraduate
> University of Moratuwa.
> Sri Lanka.

Steve Holden steve@holdenweb.com +1 571 484 6266              @holdenweb

Next event:    ApacheCon NA 2013: Feb 26-28     http://na.apachecon.com/
Community events: Barcamp Feb 24  Hackathon Feb 25   Development Mar 1/2