From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: Presentation templates for ApacheCon NA 2013
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 03:23:40 GMT
Shenfeng:

Thank you very much. I think given the season the Chinese contingent can be said to have fulfilled
its obligations.

I trust you will all have a very joyous Spring Festival.

If any volunteer reading this wishes to approach the task, please get in touch.

regards
 Steve

On Feb 7, 2013, at 7:05 PM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:

> I talked to Xin Li, who was the template designer of 2012 ApacheCon EU. She kindly agreed
to think about the template. But the problem is that next week is Chinese Spring Festival
Holidays, and Xin may not able to work on it till Feb 16. Considering that we don't have much
time left, I'd like to call for more UX volunteers to work together on the template design.
> If any one have interest in the template design, you can refer to the Apach OpenOffice
template site here . And you can find the template used for 2012 ApacheCon EU here .
> I think the key is the background theme, which, IMHO, should have:
> (1) Apache logo + conference name;
> (2) some character of the host (e.g. for 2012 ApacheCon EU, we designed the ribbons of
black+red+yellow to indicate that it was hosted in Germany).

> Just my 0.02$. And I also copied to openoffice dev list, hoping to have more volunteers.
>
> - Shenfeng (Simon)
>

> 2013/2/7 Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com>
> I believe Daniel Gruno was kind enough to do some graphics for us for ACEU, and I believe
ShenFeng Liu of the Open Office Group prepared the templates. I have copied them both in case
they would like to, and have time to, help.