From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: "Future of ApacheCon" discussion at ACNA
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 19:56:52 GMT
On Jan 18, 2013, at 7:53 AM, Nick Burch wrote:

> On 15/01/13 19:33, Steve Holden wrote:
>> On Jan 14, 2013, at 2:12 PM, Nick Burch wrote:
>>> As most of you will hopefully know, we have a desire to host another ACEU, but
know it can't be organised the same way, and ACNA is being run by an external producer in
a different way to past ApacheCons.

>> As said organizer, we will be happy to facilitate this meeting.
>
> Wonderful, thanks. Based on the conference schedule, and your personal schedule, any
chance you might be able to propose a time + date + location for it, so we can check if most
people can make that?

Stake in the ground for 8:00 pm Wednesday night. We'll be having lightnings on Wednesday after
the main conference. Would you mind running it up the flagpole and seeing who salutes?

>>> * Can we square the circle of user + developer + committer/contributor
>>>  needs with one ApacheCon event, or do we need to split (and if so
>>>  into what?)
>>
>> It would be a shame to do that in my opinion, and the contributors are those with
the highest value as speakers and delegates to others thinking of coming to ApacheCon.

> I agree, but I want it to be clear to everyone that that option is on the table if need
be - this is not a meeting to rubber stamp another ApacheCon, but to seriously consider everything
based on our experiences with ACEU and ACNA!

I think that's an excellent notion. From our side I am interested in helping develop new ways
for open source communities to interact with commercial entities such as The Open Bastion
to common advantage.

regards
Steve Holden steve@holdenweb.com +1 571 484 6266              @holdenweb

Next event:    ApacheCon NA 2013: Feb 26-28     http://na.apachecon.com/
Community events: Barcamp Feb 24  Hackathon Feb 25   Development Mar 1/2