From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: Crowdvine for ApacheCon NA 2013
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:43:33 GMT
For the moment we are on both. Lanyrd does allow you to create a personal schedule, but apparently
only through the mobile (iPhone, Android) apps they promote. Lanyrd is more modern, and I
suspect that over the long haul they will overtake Crowdvine, because they seem able to make
more effective use of web APIs, they are better known, and don't expect the individual users
to do as much work.

regards
 Steve

On Jan 22, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:

> For whatever it's worth, Lanyrd has the advantage that more people have heard of it,
and CrowdVine is superior in every other way, especially the itinerary planning tools.

> --Rich
>

> On Jan 18, 2013, at 3:53 PM, Steve Holden wrote:
>
>> That's a cat-herdin task that I suspect would be considerably beyond my abilities.
CrowdVine was used for the 2011 conference, so people who have accounts already will find
it familiar and won't even need to sign up again. Lanyrd users won't move to CrowdVine just
for ApacheCon, and vice versa. Hence making them both available, unsatisfactory as that may
be.

>> For future years I agree the social networking strategy should be agreed in advance
and publicized early.

>> regards
>> Steve
>>

>> On Jan 18, 2013, at 12:36 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
>>
>>> The schedule is also all on Lanyrd. It would be cool to agree on one site and
encourage everyone to use that one site.

resources, and today they informed me that Crowdvine was now set up.  Great!   I've already
started my preliminary schedule with this.

>>> --
>>> Rich Bowen
>>> rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen
>>> rbowen@apache.org
>>>

>> Steve Holden steve@holdenweb.com +1 571 484 6266   http://holdenweb.com/
>> --
>> Python classes (and much more) through the web http://oreillyschool.com/
>> Conferences and technical event management at http://theopenbastion.com/
>>
>> Next event:    ApacheCon NA 2013: Feb 26-28     http://na.apachecon.com/
>>

> --
> Rich Bowen
> rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen
> rbowen@apache.org

Steve Holden steve@holdenweb.com +1 571 484 6266              @holdenweb

Next event:    ApacheCon NA 2013: Feb 26-28     http://na.apachecon.com/
Community events: Barcamp Feb 24  Hackathon Feb 25   Development Mar 1/2