From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: Time to make a noise ...
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2013 20:26:48 GMT
On Jan 26, 2013, at 11:38 AM, Sander Temme wrote:

> On Jan 23, 2013, at 3:03 PM, Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com> wrote:
>
>> We'd appreciate your help in creating a little more buzz about ApacheCon NA.
>>
>> It turns out that another major West coast big data/cloud conference has been scheduled
on exactly the same days as ApacheCon, reducing the anticipated effects of our marketing and
PR efforts.

> You also managed to put the conference on exactly the same days as the RSA Conference
and Expo in San Francisco, so anyone who is in the security business will have to be there
instead of at ApacheCon.

Thanks for your input. It's true we'd rather not have clashed with RSA, but then so would
Strata, who are also suffering because TED is using some of their usual speaker pool. And
so it goes.

There are over a million conferences a year, worldwide, so such clashes are unfortunate but
sometimes unavoidable, and it's much easier to change the future than the past. We received
a low number of security submissions this year anyway, and the two talks in the schedule are
appropriate to a general Apache audience.

regards
Steve Holden steve@holdenweb.com +1 571 484 6266              @holdenweb

Next event:    ApacheCon NA 2013: Feb 26-28     http://na.apachecon.com/
Community events: Barcamp Feb 24  Hackathon Feb 25   Development Mar 1/2