From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Crowdvine for ApacheCon NA 2013
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:34:25 GMT
For whatever it's worth, Lanyrd has the advantage that more people have heard of it, and CrowdVine
is superior in every other way, especially the itinerary planning tools.

--Rich

On Jan 18, 2013, at 3:53 PM, Steve Holden wrote:

> That's a cat-herdin task that I suspect would be considerably beyond my abilities. CrowdVine
was used for the 2011 conference, so people who have accounts already will find it familiar
and won't even need to sign up again. Lanyrd users won't move to CrowdVine just for ApacheCon,
and vice versa. Hence making them both available, unsatisfactory as that may be.

> For future years I agree the social networking strategy should be agreed in advance and
publicized early.

> regards
> Steve
>

> On Jan 18, 2013, at 12:36 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
>
>> The schedule is also all on Lanyrd. It would be cool to agree on one site and encourage
everyone to use that one site.

>> On Jan 18, 2013, at 3:31 PM, J.Lance Wilkinson wrote:
>>
>>> Yesterday I asked the Open Bastion folks about Crowdvine and/or other networking
resources, and today they informed me that Crowdvine was now set up.  Great!   I've already
started my preliminary schedule with this.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen