From shath...@e-z.net
Subject Re: Time to make a noise ...
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 00:46:30 GMT

I am a security expert participating in ApacheCon NA 2013.

I will be at Apache BarCamp and can lead some security discussions.  I can
also provide workshop activities at Hackathons.

I am currently designing some specifications and code prototypes based on
FIPS-140 security requirements.  The intent is to enable the design of
secure applications that can be used on untrusted host platforms.

Some applications being targeted are SCADA control systems security,
Payment Card Industry, transaction security, Medical Records transaction
security.  The libraries will provide for end-to-end content security with
of trust.

The libraries will also ensure that message queues on hosts will have
message content encrypted, and can only be used with cryptographic
validated applications.  The queues will also survive application crashes
and host system reloads - still maintaining content and delivery state

-- Some Noise

I am also the Apache Xalan PMC Chair.  I have placed links on project
websites and wiki's.  I would like to see other Apache project sites have
current ApacheCon NA 2013 links.  Many sites still point to earlier
ApacheCon conferences that have since been completed. I am also supporting
student activities at Oregon State University - the students are very
enthusiastic about anything open-source.  I have shared ApacheCon NA 2013
to their schedules.

Steven J. Hathaway

> On Jan 23, 2013, at 3:03 PM, Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com> wrote:
>> We'd appreciate your help in creating a little more buzz about ApacheCon
>> NA.
>> It turns out that another major West coast big data/cloud conference has
>> been scheduled on exactly the same days as ApacheCon, reducing the
>> anticipated effects of our marketing and PR efforts.
> You also managed to put the conference on exactly the same days as the RSA
> Conference and Expo in San Francisco, so anyone who is in the security
> business will have to be there instead of at ApacheCon.
> S.
> --
> sctemme@apache.org            http://www.temme.net/sander/
> PGP FP: FC5A 6FC6 2E25 2DFD 8007  EE23 9BB8 63B0 F51B B88A
> View my availability: http://tungle.me/sctemme

View raw message