From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: Crowdvine for ApacheCon NA 2013
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 18:25:49 GMT
On Jan 22, 2013, at 10:19 AM, J.Lance Wilkinson wrote:

> Steve Holden wrote:
>> For the moment we are on both. Lanyrd does allow you to create a personal schedule,
but apparently only through the mobile (iPhone, Android) apps they promote. Lanyrd is more
modern, and I suspect that

> 	Don't find any Lanyrd mobile apps in the Google play store; went
> 	to m.lanyrd.com and indeed there's a mobile optimized website
> 	there but nothing to suggest it has the ability to build any
> 	personal schedule either.

http://lanyrd.com/mobile/, but I think they are taking a few liberties with the phrase "personal
schedule," since there doesn't appear to be any way of flagging sessions for individual attendance.
As a conference organizer this feedback is invaluable.

>> over the long haul they will overtake Crowdvine, because they seem able to make more
effective use of web APIs, they are better known, and don't expect the individual users to
do as much work.
>> regards
>> Steve
>> On Jan 22, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:
>>> For whatever it's worth, Lanyrd has the advantage that more people have heard
of it, and CrowdVine is superior in every other way, especially the itinerary planning tools.

> 	Most conferences I've attended (e.g., Brainshare, Adobe Max)
> 	had their own web-based personal scheduling tool.  Never used
> 	Crowdvine before Apachecon, never used Lanyrd before yesterday.
> 	Personal scheduling is about the only reason I'd used either
> 	since almost everything else is back on the main conference
> 	site.

Looks like you'll be going with Crowdvine for the moment, then.

regards
Steve Holden steve@holdenweb.com +1 571 484 6266              @holdenweb

Next event:    ApacheCon NA 2013: Feb 26-28     http://na.apachecon.com/
Community events: Barcamp Feb 24  Hackathon Feb 25   Development Mar 1/2