From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Future of ApacheCon" discussion at ACNA
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:53:50 GMT
On 15/01/13 19:33, Steve Holden wrote:
> On Jan 14, 2013, at 2:12 PM, Nick Burch wrote:
>> As most of you will hopefully know, we have a desire to host another ACEU, but know
it can't be organised the same way, and ACNA is being run by an external producer in a different
way to past ApacheCons.

> As said organizer, we will be happy to facilitate this meeting.

Wonderful, thanks. Based on the conference schedule, and your personal
schedule, any chance you might be able to propose a time + date +
location for it, so we can check if most people can make that?

>> * Can we square the circle of user + developer + committer/contributor
>>   needs with one ApacheCon event, or do we need to split (and if so
>>   into what?)
>
> It would be a shame to do that in my opinion, and the contributors are those with the
highest value as speakers and delegates to others thinking of coming to ApacheCon.

I agree, but I want it to be clear to everyone that that option is on
the table if need be - this is not a meeting to rubber stamp another
ApacheCon, but to seriously consider everything based on our experiences
with ACEU and ACNA!

Nick