From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: Adding additional speaker
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 10:03:32 GMT
Guru:

I need a little more than "it fails still" if I am to find out what is wrong. *How* does it
fail?

When I click on "Submit a new proposal" I see a page with:

Making the appropriate selection there is the best way to identify the type of your talk.
The next page has two buttons at the bottom:

Using the right-hand one I was able to add extra speakers. If they already have accounts they
receive an email telling them they have been added, if not then they receive an email suggesting
they should create an account.

So, which part of the process isn't working, and *how* is it failing, please?

regards
 Steve

On Nov 11, 2012, at 3:33 AM, <gnanaguru.sattanathan@wipro.com> wrote:

> Hello Steve,
>
> For your kind notice, Still the same problem persist. We are not able to add additional
speakers till now !

> Also I don't understand how you want me to identify our talk as a tutorial.
>
> After seeing the mail, ACNA Submission is fully operational . I  cancelled my first submission
and resubmitted again to check whether I was able to add speakers. But it fails still :(

> Need your words.
>
> Guru

I know, talk submission works).

> 2. Wait until the web team fixes the bug. In necessary we will extend the submission
deadline to ensure that nobody suffers as a result of their error.

<gnanaguru.sattanathan@wipro.com<mailto:gnanaguru.sattanathan@wipro.com>> wrote:

> Sorry Steve.
>
> Hope you are not able to see the picture.
>
> This is the error message:
>
> ApacheCon NA 2013
> Oops, we've had a problem on the server. The web team have been informed and will be
looking into it.

> Regards
> Guru

Speakers ‘ . I was not able to add additional speaker yet.

> <attachment>
>
> Please help. We have only one more day left to submit our proposal.
>
> Regards
> Guru

the site. Then, instead of clicking the "Save" button, click "Save and Add Additional Speakers"
and you will be taken to a page which allows you to add extra speakers. Each time you click
the "Add Speaker" button it adds the person you have entered and this allows you to add as
many speakers as you like.

> Hope this helps - if not, please get back to me.
>
> regards
> Steve
>
> On Nov 8, 2012, at 9:41 AM, <gnanaguru.sattanathan@wipro.com<mailto:gnanaguru.sattanathan@wipro.com>>
wrote:

> Hi Apache Con team,
>
> We are submitting an abstract for Apache Con NA 2013. I have a partner with me who will
jointly present in the conference.

> Do we provision in the Apache Con website for this ? Or we need to submit both the names
in the same text field.

> Appreciate your thoughts.
>
> Regards
> Guru