From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: ACEU - Can anyone bring an A3 printer?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 23:53:08 GMT
Rainer:

Please buy it. I'll make sure you get reimbursed.

regards
 Steve

On Nov 3, 2012, at 12:44 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:

> On 25.10.2012 11:27, Steve Holden wrote:
>> Paul:
>>
>> I wonder if we could impose on your good nature sufficiently to ask the arena and
their partners whether they might have such a printer they could rent us for the week? If
they do, I would anticipate the cost might be ruinous, but it would be the easiest way to
get on-site printing capabilities.

>> Alternatively, if the Arena would be able to run A3 or better color prints on their
own equipment, I am sure we would be more than happy to pay a reasonable amount per page.

>> If you don't have time to do this, please say so and I will contact them myself.
>
> If this topic is still open: I could try to buy an A3 color ink printer and bring it
with my car on late Monday morning.

> For instance the following one:
>
> http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/overview/11173
>
> which should be around 200 Euros including a set of XL ink cartridges.
>
> That one would be/have
>
> - ink not laser
> - color
> - A3+
> - 2 paper trays (keeping A4 and A3 in parallel)
> - USB, Ethernet and WiFi access
>
> It only comes with drivers for Windows XP / XP-x64 / Vista / 7 / Server 2008 R2/2008/2003,
Mac OS 10.4.11 or later. It is *not* a PostScript or PCL printer.

> Does anyone have an idea whether those specs are OK? Should I buy and bring it? If there's
no other option I could convince my company to buy it, but I wouldn't want to buy it if it
weren't needed.

Next: Helping with ApacheCon EU (community edition) http://apachecon.eu/