From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: Adding additional speaker
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 11:57:18 GMT
Thanks, Guru, I'v got the web team on it. You may get a reply from the team rather than one
on the list, as I am traveling back to the States today and so will be off-line (unless the
'plane has Internet service).

regards
 Steve

On Nov 11, 2012, at 11:06 AM, <gnanaguru.sattanathan@wipro.com> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> As you say,
>
> 1. We are able to submit our proposal when click ' Submit new proposal ' It has two buttons,
1. Save & 2. Save and add new speakers.

> 2. When we click ' Save and add new speakers ' It shows this error:
> ApacheCon NA 2013
>
> Oops, we've had a problem on the server. The web team have been informed and will be
looking into it.

> 3. After this, If you go to the dashboard it shows the proposal as ' Submitted ' but
the only thing is " No additional speaker is added ".

> 4. As another option, there is a link called ' manage additional speakers ' near the
submitted proposal. We get the same error by clicking this link also ! ( Technically this
page shows the error:http://na.apachecon.com/proposals/141/speakers/ )

> Anyhow the primary speakers dashboard shows the proposal is submitted, But the problem
is adding the speaker now.

> I can provide you the email id of both the speakers if it is possible to add a speaker
from your end( May be through a administrator)

> And also I have checked this in multiple devices to ensure the page is not loaded from
cache.

> Regards
> Guru

The next page has two buttons at the bottom:

> Using the right-hand one I was able to add extra speakers. If they already have accounts
they receive an email telling them they have been added, if not then they receive an email
suggesting they should create an account.

> So, which part of the process isn't working, and *how* is it failing, please?
>
> regards
>  Steve
>
> On Nov 11, 2012, at 3:33 AM, <gnanaguru.sattanathan@wipro.com> wrote:
>

>> Hello Steve,
>>
>> For your kind notice, Still the same problem persist. We are not able to add additional
speakers till now !

>> Also I don't understand how you want me to identify our talk as a tutorial.
>>
>> After seeing the mail, ACNA Submission is fully operational . I  cancelled my first
submission and resubmitted again to check whether I was able to add speakers. But it fails
still :(

>> Need your words.
>>
>> Guru

as I know, talk submission works).

>> 2. Wait until the web team fixes the bug. In necessary we will extend the submission
deadline to ensure that nobody suffers as a result of their error.