From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: ACEU - Can anyone bring an A3 printer?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 23:44:36 GMT
On 25.10.2012 11:27, Steve Holden wrote:
> Paul:
>
> I wonder if we could impose on your good nature sufficiently to ask the arena and their
partners whether they might have such a printer they could rent us for the week? If they do,
I would anticipate the cost might be ruinous, but it would be the easiest way to get on-site
printing capabilities.

> Alternatively, if the Arena would be able to run A3 or better color prints on their own
equipment, I am sure we would be more than happy to pay a reasonable amount per page.

> If you don't have time to do this, please say so and I will contact them myself.

If this topic is still open: I could try to buy an A3 color ink printer
and bring it with my car on late Monday morning.

For instance the following one:

http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/overview/11173

which should be around 200 Euros including a set of XL ink cartridges.

That one would be/have

- ink not laser
- color
- A3+
- 2 paper trays (keeping A4 and A3 in parallel)
- USB, Ethernet and WiFi access

It only comes with drivers for Windows XP / XP-x64 / Vista / 7 / Server
2008 R2/2008/2003, Mac OS 10.4.11 or later. It is *not* a PostScript or
PCL printer.

Does anyone have an idea whether those specs are OK? Should I buy and
bring it? If there's no other option I could convince my company to buy
it, but I wouldn't want to buy it if it weren't needed.

Concerning power strips: if needed I can go with my car to the Hornbach
DIY shop at Sinsheim and get some on Monday.

Regards,

Rainer