From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Get your community involved in events at ApacheCon Europe!
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:19:29 GMT
Hi All

As you'll hopefully all know, ApacheCon Europe kicks off in 3 weesk time!
There are a couple of ways for your community to get involved in events at
the conference, which we're hoping many of you can take advantage of. In
short - hackathon, and evening events.

First up, on Monday 5th November, we're holding a hackathon. (Talks start
on the Tuesday). If your hackathon will be open to non-committers, we want
to get it listed so we can point potential new contributors to it. To that
end, we're building a list of the planned hackathons, and if they're open
to newcomers. So, if your project / community is planning to take part in
the hackathon, please list yourselves on the wiki:
      http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/HackathonEU12

Secondly, evening events. The Monday night will feature a committers and
hackathon welcome reception, kindly sponsored by VMWare. For the other
nights, it's up to all of you to decide what you want to do and where! We
have put together a list of all the possible venues (bars, restaurants,
cafes, icecream places etc) in Sinsheim, along with their locations,
contact details and sizes. If you community would like to do something one
night, be that talks or just a sociable gathering, please pick a venue,
book it and list it on the wiki page. Details on the venues, and planned
session are all at:
      http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsEU12

Otherwise, please do continue to help publicise the event, see
<http://www.apachecon.eu/about/publicise/> for publicity materials. Also,
don't forget that the CFP for ApacheCon NA 2013 is open, but ends during
ApacheCon Europe, so don't delay getting the talks in about your projects!
See http://na.apachecon.com/ for details on the CFP and how to submit

Thanks
Nick
(On behalf of the ACEU planners)