From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Teleconferencing options for speakers who cannot attend
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 07:59:29 GMT
Honestly (and sorry to say), if I attend a conference and pay the full
price, I would be more than disappointed if the presenter is not in
the same room as me. I can watch youtube videos without wasting my
money. I am not the conference expert, but I doubt there are (many)
other conferences using remote presentations.

Cheers
Christian

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com> wrote:
> Andrea:
>
> Apparently we don't have any guarantees on quality of service, so we are suggesting that
speakers who wish to try this route should prepare a video for use if the remote presentation
doesn't work out.

> I presume that no special room set-up will be needed for these talks except audio connection
to the computer that's used to display the call?

> regards
>  Steve
>
> On Oct 23, 2012, at 8:06 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>
>> As discussed on the ooo-dev list http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/
we have several speakers from China (all in the OpenOffice track, it seems) who are facing
delays in getting a visa to Germany for ApacheCon.

>> A suggestion from Louis Suárez-Potts is to allow teleconferencing: speakers who
cannot be physically in Germany would still be able to give their presentation as an online
seminar.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de