From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Teleconferencing options for speakers who cannot attend
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:50:15 GMT
On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Ross Gardler
<rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> On 23 October 2012 10:40, dsh <daniel.haischt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just an idea - how about if somebody from the German AOO team would be
>> co-presenting and does the driver of the presentation? Is that
>> feasible or wouldn't there be any reason in such a model?
>
> I fully agree with Christian's concerns and think your proposal is a
> "best of both worlds" solution.

If the German AOO team member would be the "lead presenter" it might
work. I leave it up to others to comment now, I am still sceptic.

Cheers
Christian

> Ross
>

>> Cheers
>> Daniel
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Christian Grobmeier
>> <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Honestly (and sorry to say), if I attend a conference and pay the full
>>> price, I would be more than disappointed if the presenter is not in
>>> the same room as me. I can watch youtube videos without wasting my
>>> money. I am not the conference expert, but I doubt there are (many)
>>> other conferences using remote presentations.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Christian

suggesting that speakers who wish to try this route should prepare a video for use if the
remote presentation doesn't work out.

audio connection to the computer that's used to display the call?

we have several speakers from China (all in the OpenOffice track, it seems) who are facing
delays in getting a visa to Germany for ApacheCon.

who cannot be physically in Germany would still be able to give their presentation as an online
seminar.

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de