From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon N/A tracks - Messaging or Enterprise Integration track ?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 12:51:20 GMT
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com> wrote:
> Sagara:
>
> Could name some other projects that you think would be suitable for inclusion in the
"messaging" track?

In my POV following projects are suitable for above track considering
integration also under this track.

Synapse
ServiceMix
Tuscany
Etch
Thrift
Avro
ActiveMQ
Qpid

You also can find some other suggestion from here [1]

[1] - http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-apachecon-discuss/201206.mbox/%3C4FE2DB7A.20103@apache.org%3E

Thanks !

> regards
>  Steve
>
> On Oct 15, 2012, at 11:03 PM, Sagara Gunathunga wrote:

>>> Thanks. In the case of North America, this is probably mostly due to our relative
ignorance of the Apache "ecosphere". So I am very glad you have raised the issue. If you can
suggest changes to the CfP to make it more inclusive of a wider range we would be grateful
for your help. We want to give all projects the opportunity to showcase their work.

>> Thanks for your kind response, I'm happy to help out in area of my
>> expertise. As I mentioned in my previous mail this is my suggestion.
>>
>> If we have enough space and enough people to handle more tracks please
>> add a new track called "Messaging", there are considerable number of
>> projects available under this category. In case if we don't have
>> enough space or people better to rename "Camel in Action" as a
>> "Messaging" track so that other messaging related projects also can
>> submit their talks under this track instead of limiting to a specific
>> project.
>>
>> Thanks !

>>> We certainly do regard such input as positive, and stand ready to hear your (and
everybody else's) suggestions for improving the CfP and making the conference more welcoming
to a broader section of the Apache community.