From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject ApacheCon N/A tracks - Messaging or Enterprise Integration track ?
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2012 08:12:57 GMT
There was a concern raised by some people including myself during the
EU CFP time to have a Messaging or Enterprise Integration track
instead of allocating a track completely to a single messing project.
At that time we were too late to raise those issues and also had been
informed that the track chairs are always ready to accept "related"
talks if they looks good but looking at EU schedule I can see one
messing project got number of slots and it's hard to see any other
talks from messaging related projects on same track.

Now we are in CFP for N/A event and still I can't see  Messaging or
Enterprise Integration track instead what I can see is again possible
messaging track is allocated for a specific messaging project in same
as EU event. In case If we have enough space I'm very positive to have
more tracks like "General Messaging" and another track for a specific
messaging project but If we don't have enough space why can't we make
a general messaging track so that number of messaging related projects
can submit their talks and cover more scope/community ?

Taking a different example I always think "Big data" is the ideal name
for a track instead calling it using a specific big data project name.
As I involved organizing number of Apache events in Asia from 2009 I
don't have any concern about impartiality of organizers, also I can
understand the difficulty with EU event with time but clearly in NA
event we have enough time to make changes so that event/tracks will
cover wide range of projects and get wider community attraction.
Finally I expect N/A organizers will consider my comments in a
positive manner.

Thanks !

--
Sagara Gunathunga