From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Teleconferencing options for speakers who cannot attend
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:51:35 GMT
On 23 October 2012 10:40, dsh <daniel.haischt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just an idea - how about if somebody from the German AOO team would be
> co-presenting and does the driver of the presentation? Is that
> feasible or wouldn't there be any reason in such a model?

I fully agree with Christian's concerns and think your proposal is a
"best of both worlds" solution.

Ross

> Cheers
> Daniel
>
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Christian Grobmeier
> <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Honestly (and sorry to say), if I attend a conference and pay the full
>> price, I would be more than disappointed if the presenter is not in
>> the same room as me. I can watch youtube videos without wasting my
>> money. I am not the conference expert, but I doubt there are (many)
>> other conferences using remote presentations.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Christian
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com> wrote:
>>> Andrea:
>>>
>>> Apparently we don't have any guarantees on quality of service, so we are suggesting
that speakers who wish to try this route should prepare a video for use if the remote presentation
doesn't work out.

>>> I presume that no special room set-up will be needed for these talks except audio
connection to the computer that's used to display the call?

>>> regards
>>>  Steve

we have several speakers from China (all in the OpenOffice track, it seems) who are facing
delays in getting a visa to Germany for ApacheCon.

who cannot be physically in Germany would still be able to give their presentation as an online
seminar.

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)