From dsh <daniel.hais...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Teleconferencing options for speakers who cannot attend
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:57:31 GMT
It really depends on two things IMHO.

1) Technology even if using broadband isn't always reliable if it
comes to ConfCalls especially if many people are joining the call and
there's an increasing background noise
2) To some degree the high quality experience of a face to face
conference may deteriorate in a way if you start to virtualize things.
So you could consider this a reputation issue in terms of quality.

So the co speaker as a driver could work as a workaround cause he
would be driving the talk. At least that was the idea...

Cheers
Daniel

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Christian Grobmeier
<grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Ross Gardler
> <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
>> On 23 October 2012 10:40, dsh <daniel.haischt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Just an idea - how about if somebody from the German AOO team would be
>>> co-presenting and does the driver of the presentation? Is that
>>> feasible or wouldn't there be any reason in such a model?
>>
>> I fully agree with Christian's concerns and think your proposal is a
>> "best of both worlds" solution.
>
> If the German AOO team member would be the "lead presenter" it might
> work. I leave it up to others to comment now, I am still sceptic.
>
> Cheers
> Christian
>

>> Ross
>>

>>> Cheers
>>> Daniel

are suggesting that speakers who wish to try this route should prepare a video for use if
the remote presentation doesn't work out.

except audio connection to the computer that's used to display the call?

we have several speakers from China (all in the OpenOffice track, it seems) who are facing
delays in getting a visa to Germany for ApacheCon.

speakers who cannot be physically in Germany would still be able to give their presentation
as an online seminar.