From dsh <daniel.hais...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Teleconferencing options for speakers who cannot attend
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:40:46 GMT
Just an idea - how about if somebody from the German AOO team would be
co-presenting and does the driver of the presentation? Is that
feasible or wouldn't there be any reason in such a model?

Cheers
Daniel

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Christian Grobmeier
<grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Honestly (and sorry to say), if I attend a conference and pay the full
> price, I would be more than disappointed if the presenter is not in
> the same room as me. I can watch youtube videos without wasting my
> money. I am not the conference expert, but I doubt there are (many)
> other conferences using remote presentations.
>
> Cheers
> Christian
>
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com> wrote:
>> Andrea:
>>
>> Apparently we don't have any guarantees on quality of service, so we are suggesting
that speakers who wish to try this route should prepare a video for use if the remote presentation
doesn't work out.

>> I presume that no special room set-up will be needed for these talks except audio
connection to the computer that's used to display the call?

>> regards
>>  Steve
>>
>> On Oct 23, 2012, at 8:06 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>
>>> As discussed on the ooo-dev list http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/
we have several speakers from China (all in the OpenOffice track, it seems) who are facing
delays in getting a visa to Germany for ApacheCon.

>>> A suggestion from Louis Suárez-Potts is to allow teleconferencing: speakers
who cannot be physically in Germany would still be able to give their presentation as an online
seminar.