From Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>
Subject Re: Teleconferencing options for speakers who cannot attend
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 07:40:35 GMT
Andrea:

Apparently we don't have any guarantees on quality of service, so we are suggesting that speakers
who wish to try this route should prepare a video for use if the remote presentation doesn't
work out.

I presume that no special room set-up will be needed for these talks except audio connection
to the computer that's used to display the call?

regards
 Steve

On Oct 23, 2012, at 8:06 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> As discussed on the ooo-dev list http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/
we have several speakers from China (all in the OpenOffice track, it seems) who are facing
delays in getting a visa to Germany for ApacheCon.

> A suggestion from Louis Suárez-Potts is to allow teleconferencing: speakers who cannot
be physically in Germany would still be able to give their presentation as an online seminar.

Next: Helping with ApacheCon EU (community edition) http://apachecon.eu/