From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Teleconferencing options for speakers who cannot attend
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:35:01 GMT

On 12-10-23, at 03:40 , Steve Holden <steve@holdenweb.com> wrote:

> Andrea:
>
> Apparently we don't have any guarantees on quality of service, so we are suggesting that
speakers who wish to try this route should prepare a video for use if the remote presentation
doesn't work out.

That would be a disappointment and would be in keeping with the "YouTube" video dismissal
I erroneously just condemned, not having read this post in the thread.

My apologies, Christian!

> I presume that no special room set-up will be needed for these talks except audio connection
to the computer that's used to display the call?

I find this a little odd… I mean, I've had excellent technological responses using very
simple setups—My laptop.

There exist alternatives. For instance, there is Uberconference.

Louis

> regards
>  Steve
>
> On Oct 23, 2012, at 8:06 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>
>> As discussed on the ooo-dev list http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/
we have several speakers from China (all in the OpenOffice track, it seems) who are facing
delays in getting a visa to Germany for ApacheCon.

>> A suggestion from Louis Suárez-Potts is to allow teleconferencing: speakers who
cannot be physically in Germany would still be able to give their presentation as an online
seminar.