From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: SVG Source of the Banners
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 13:01:30 GMT
On 2012/10/02 17:29, Daniel Gruno said:
> On 10/01/2012 07:29 PM, Daniel Gruno wrote:
>> On 10/01/2012 05:09 PM, imacat wrote:
>>> The .psd files are missing "ApacheCon Europe" when I open it with
>>> GIMP, too.  I do not have PhotoShop.
>>>
>>> Could someone please release the SVG vector version of the
>>> banners? Perfectly with text transferred into shapes, to prevent
>>> font substitution problem.  I would like to join it to the
>>> OpenOffice logo and put the result on our social media account
>>> during this time.  Bitmap graphic does not work well merging with
>>> other pictures considering transparency.
>>>
>> With fear of sounding like a broken record; I already released SVG
>> versions of the banner two months ago, if only people would look
>> through the emails that hit this mailing list :)
>>
>> I did a bit of gradient on the logo, so if you want that gone, either
>> let me know or just remove it yourself.
>>
>> Giant PNG: http://www.humbedooh.com/apache/apacheconeu.png (48MPixels)
>> SVG: http://www.humbedooh.com/apache/apacheconeu.svg (might not render
>> perfectly)
>> PDF: http://www.humbedooh.com/apache/apacheconeu.pdf
>>
>> The font used is called Worstveld Sling, and can be downloaded for
>> free at http://www.ffonts.net/Worstveld-Sling-Bold.font.download
>>
>> With regards,
>> Daniel.
>>
> A slight update: I've converted the font to SVG paths, so you don't have
> to install it on your computer. This should also help render it more
> exact. The no-font-required version can be found at:
> http://www.humbedooh.com/apache/apacheconeu2.svg
>
> If you need only a specific part, I can recommend using Inkscape to
> import the SVG file and export the specific part you need as a PNG file.

    Thanks.  They are really very helpful.

    I hope these files could be put on the list of banners in the "Help
Publicise", to prevent another one asking again.  Normally when people
are looking for some files and there are copies on the website, they
will not search the list.

    Thanks again.

--
Best regards,